Get 5 free quotes from 5 Ottawa movers & Moving Companies in Ottawa and Gatineau area
Get Quotes from 5 Movers!
in Ottawa and Gatineau area
Get Quotes from 5 Movers!
in Ottawa and Gatineau area
Why use our moving quote website to find a mover in Ottawa and Gatineau?
With our moving quotes website, You will receive 5 free moving quotes from movers in Ottawa and Gatineau in less then 48 hours. You can choose the mover fitting your needs by comparing the guarantee, the history of the moving company as well as the price and the hourly rate of the movers.
What is the pricing of movers in Ottawa and Gatineau? Are they cheap, regular or expensives movers?
5 Movers Quotes is the solution for a cheap move to or from Ottawa and Gatineau if this is what you are looking for. Each moving company can set its own hourly rate and the price for its movers. If to have the lowest price for your move is your number 1 criteria , you will be free to choose the moving company among the 5 quotes that offers the cheapest price. If you are ready to pay more for a better service, better insurances, then we also have movers partners that offers a high class service.
What kind of moving services are offered by the movers in Ottawa and Gatineau that are partners with 5 Movers Quotes?
Movers in Ottawa and Gatineau that are part of our network can offer all kind of moving services:
- Residential and local Moving
- Commercial and Industrial Moving
- Long distance Moving
- Storage and Packaging
- Transport of all kinds
- Truck Rental
Moving to Ottawa-Gatineau : A Tale of Two Cities
The Ottawa-Gatineau area is a wonderful place to live and have a family, rich with multi-cultural diversity, beautiful natural landscapes and historically significant architecture. If you have ever considered relocating to the beautiful Ottawa-Gatineau metropolitan area, here are a few things to ponder while making this important decision:
Ottawa & Gatineau are sister-cities, which together form Canada’s National Capital Region. They sit on either side of the beautiful Ottawa River which, not only separates the two cities, but the provinces of Ontario and Quebec as well. In the center of the Ottawa-Gatineau metropolitan area, the Ottawa River leads into the Chaudière Falls, which is a major source of hydro-electric power generation for the area.
The Ottawa-Gatineau area is well-known for its superior air quality, prosperity, real estate prices, cost of living and overall low crime rates. There are various job opportunities in area, including: Forest maintenance and logging, Health and Human services and a rapidly increasing information technology industry, which is more highly concentrated here than in any other area in Canada. So, whether you are just looking for a great place to raise a family with a rich multi-cultural heritage, or you are looking for new business adventures in a thriving and international cosmopolitan city, the Ottawa-Gatineau metropolitan area is full of new and exciting opportunities for you.
Come Down to Downtown “Bytown”
Ottawa (sometimes called Bytown), which is the capital city of Canada, is located in the province of Ontario, and has been named both the 2nd cleanest city in Canada, and 3rd in the world. Downtown Ottawa, near the southern banks of the Ottawa River, is the home of Parliament hill, which receives approximately 3 million visitors a year and is home to the Parliament of Canada and several other significant architectural features.
With a population of 883,391*Ottawa is the fourth largest city in Canada, and The 2nd most livable city in North America according to the 2014 Mercer Quality of Living Survey. The mother tongue of the city is largely English (62.4%), but also has a significant French speaking population of 14.2%, with 20.4% of its population primarily speaking a language other than English or French.
In the early 1800’s, before the city was founded, the area became the hub of a major timber trade, hence the city’s name: “Ottawa”, which is derived from the Algonquin Odawa, which translates “to trade”.
Le Ville de Gatineau Diversifiée
On the northern shore of the Ottawa River is Quebec’s 4th largest city, the lovely city of Gatineau (officially called Ville de Gatineau), which and has a population of 265,349*, 79% of which are Francophone (French speaking). It is, however, still one of Canada’s most multi-cultural and bilingual cities, with approximately 63% of its population speaking at least two languages. In 2008, Gatineau was the proud recipient of one of the Maurice Pollack awards for its outstanding efforts to welcome and integrate new residents into the city, and its honorable recognition of cultural diversity.
Be Prepared for your Move in Ottawa!
No matter where you are moving from, organizing your move to or from the greater Ottawa-Gatineau area will require planning. Make sure to plan ahead and take certain steps in advance:
- Plan for your change of address: Although this is a relatively easy process, it is frequently overlooked, and can lead to serious headaches if you are not receiving your mail. You will need to complete form RC325, Address Change Form. Click here for more information, or call 1-800-959-8281.
- Notify your bank that you will be changing branches: Needless to say, having quick and easy access to your money when you need it makes everything easier. Notifying your local bank that you will be moving will help to ensure that you always have cash in hand.
- Notify lenders and public services: Although filling out the change of address form (noted above) should accomplish the notification of most of these entities, it’s a good idea to contact such organizations directly to ensure that you never miss any payments or receipt of benefits.
- Communicate your new address to friends and family: In today’s day and age, a simple post on Facebook can accomplish this to a large degree. However, there are still those of us with friends and family who have not yet entered the “information age”. Being conscientious and keeping direct contact with these people could mean the world to them.
- Plan to disconnect with your local service providers (telephone, electricity, cable TV etc.): No one wants to end up paying for things that they haven’t used. A quick phone call to your local providers will ensure that you are disconnected at the right time, and are not overcharged for services that you are not using.
- Contact your new service providers in Ottawa-Gatineau: Making sure that you have all of your utilities up and running when you arrive in your new house will make it feel like home. Don’t underestimate the power of electricity and television to increase your quality of life!
Whether this is a short or long-distance move for you, having a plan-of-action in place to prepare for the move can turn a potential hailstorm into a breeze. Plan your move step by step beginning with priorities such as:
- Inventory all items to be moved. This may seem obvious, but many things are often overlooked while moving. In addition to making sure that you have everything that you need, this will give you the opportunity to eliminate that which you don’t. Sell or give away items that are no longer useful to you, and your moving costs will decrease.
- Identify fragile items and valuables. Make special note of these items, especially if you are planning to pack for your move on your own. Most moving companies’ insurance will not cover items that you have packed. You might want to leave these items to the professionals.
- Prepare for boxes and packing materials. If you plan to pack for yourself, make sure that you have more of these items than you think you will need. You can always return unused boxes, but if you run out at the last minute, you could be setting yourself up for a dilemma.
- Begin the packing process with your least-used items. You can begin packing early when using this simple yet pragmatic idea. If you haven’t used it in a month or more, then it can probably go in a box.
Find the Right Ottawa Moving Company!
You have the ability to truly choose the best mover for you from several choices. This is where we can really help you. With your choice of movers from 5 Movers Quotes, you can rest-assured that your personal property will be in good hands.
The mover in Ottawa that you ultimately select should be a reliable and accredited mover, familiar with moving in the Ottawa-Gatineau area. This will save you from any number of unforeseen problems and/or pitfalls. As you are making your decision, be sure that the company you are selecting fits provides you with the following:
- Proper Insurance Coverage. Ensuring that your chosen mover has adequate coverage guarantees the protection of your property against damage and/or loss. Once again, however, remember to plan your packing to ensure that your most valuable possessions will be covered during the move.
- Knowledge of relevant Documents. Be sure to ask your chosen moving company about any documents that might be necessary for you. This is especially important when moving across state/province/international lines. Ask them about the proper filing of any relevant documents so that you are not surprised later by taxes, duties or other associated fees.
- Necessary equipment and qualified personnel. No matter how big or small your move is, ensuring that your mover is prepared and qualified is paramount. However, if you have specialty items like a piano or rare and valuable antiques, it is vital. A reputable mover may wish to have certain items (like pianos or certain appliances) moved by an alternate specialty mover.
- In-house evaluation of your property by an expert. A trustworthy mover will always be willing to send a qualified representative to accurately and thoroughly asses your needs, and give you an accurate quote.
- Thorough explanation of all fees relating to your move. Make sure that you really understand everything before signing a contract with any mover. If you have any question, never be afraid to ask.
- A bill of lading with all details of the move. This is the most important document relating your move, and you should treat it like gold. It is, essentially, a document issued by your mover that lists all property being moved, and specifies the terms of their transport.
By following these simple criteria, you can have the peace of mind that your move to the greater Ottawa-Gatineau area will be a pleasurable and easy experience.
We hope that you will have many fun-filled and happy years in this rich and beautiful locale to create your own “Tale of Two Cities”.